HOW TO GET STARTED INTO ISLAMIC GEOMETRY
Below you will find a list of books related to Islamic geometry that I recommend.
Each book has an Amazon direct link which opens in a new window.
Basic Islamic geometric patterns
- Islamic Art and Architecture: the system of geometric design by Issam El-Said
- Islamic Design: a genius for geometry by Daud Sutton
History, culture and spirituality:
- Islamic Patterns: an analytical and cosmological approach by Keith Critchlow
- Arabic geometrical pattern & design by J.Bourgoin
- The Minbar of Saladin: reconstructing a jewel of Islamic art by Lynette Singer
- Arts and Crafts of the Islamic Lands by Khaled Azzam
- Islamic Geometric Patterns: Their Historical Development and Traditional Methods of Construction by Jay Bonner
- Arabesques: Decorative Art in Morocco by Jean Marc CasteraF, Fran Oise Peuriot, Philippe Ploquin and Kirk McElhearn
I highly recommend signing up to these groups.
Each group has a “File” section where you can find amazing .pdf tutorials